gap year Josh

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Goodbye Ranana

I'm leaving Ranana and the ambulances. I've decided to leavwe and hopefully volunteer in the army next week doing stuff. It all started when Charlotte decided that she wanted to leave and wanted to go tyo the Conservative Yeshiva (known in our group as the Cons Yesh) instead, and she was able to, it's all sorted out now. so I then decided that I wanted to leave to because I'm bored now with the ambulances, quite a lot of it has actually been boring, and my brother suggested I should ask if I can do Sarel, which is this programme where you volunteer on army bases doing stuff, I'm not actually sure what stuff, apparently it can vary a bit. So I asked if I could do it, and the people in charge said yes theoretically. I still haven't confirmatino yet if I'm actually doing it, but I've already started packing because im going to leave here anyway today even if i don't do the army thing, and if i can't i'm going to go to the Conservative Yeshiva too. So Charlotte and I are leaving Isaac here by himself doing the ambulances, which i do feel a bit bad about, buy he says he's going to be ok, and he's going to stay with his family who live in Ranana anyway.

So I did my last shift today, and I only stayed for half of it because I had to come back and start packing. I only had one call, which was this woman who felt faint and had a really high pulse, 140, but she didn't want to come to hospital because she had a child with some severe learning difficulties or something and there was noone to look after it. But before I left I went into the ambulance and stole some bandages and an oxygen mask.

Yesterday my uncle took me out for coffee, as he is finally back from his travels in Australia, and surprisingly it wasn't that bad, and we had quite a lot to talk about, which is very strange because I don't think that's ever happened before, but I think it's because it's the first time that I've actually been alone with him for a sustained period of time

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Alex said...

So whats the status on it all now? Are you going to do the army stuff? If you don't I suggest you come back to London! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home