gap year Josh

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Herzliya

Today i did my shift in the Herzliya station instead of the Kfar Saba station, as we're supposed to be volunteering at both of them. The Herzliya station is smaller than the other one and it was so boring, because I wasn't there with Charlotte or Isaac, so i had noone to talk to and none of the israelis talked to me. Luckily the tv was on so i could watch it but half the time they had on israeli shows so i couldn't understand what was going on, but i saw some of Love Actually later. I spent most of my time reading my book, but i couldn't read it the whole time cause I had nearly finished it and i didn't want to finish it at the beginning of the shift and then have nothing to do for the rest of the shift. You might know the book Nick, it's an autobiography of a geisha, but i can't remember what it's called, she's called Mineko Iwasaki. And i had really boring calls today and tehre were 5 of us on the ambulance so i didn't do a thing, not even carrying the bags. So on the way home i bought some chocolate to cheer myself up. It's really weird that I now use chocolate as a happiness maker thing, cause i didn't really do it at home, i think it comes from living in a house with 7 girls, but it's annoying cause I still get sugar headaches.

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Nick said...

I think it's just called 'Geisha'...?

Have you seen the 'Memoirs of a Geisha' movie yet? It's very good.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger gap year Josh said...

I remembered what it's called, but then i forgot again, it's not called Geisha, it's called something else. i haven't seen it yet, but i really want to, but i did see it started with a rumour which was good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home