Hmmmm.......
I thought i should write something because I haven't written anything for ages, but I can't really think of anything to write about, my brain has gone a bit dead.
Uh.....I went home on the weekend, which was fun, my parents are in Spain so I didn't see them but Dan had saturday night off work so we went out to dinner to this posh reastaurant in Canary Wharf, now I've finally seen the Shopping Centre there and the big Waitrose James. We had really nice food, I had truffle gnocchi in a white pepper sauce, this I had brill on potato rosti with basil foam, and tarte tatin for dessert, and we drank a lot of wine and then dan ordered a bottle of sherry with dessert for some reason so we drank that too, but i decided i don't really like sherry, and then we came home which was very annoying as we took the jubilee line to london bridge but when we got there they said the northern line wasn't working on that side and that we should take the jubilee to waterloo and get the northern line from there, but once we got there they then announced that the whole northern line wasn't working, so we had to get a cab. I also saw alex on Saturday, we went to China Town and I bought Healthy Boy sweet chili sauce.
On Sunday I came back to manchester on Sunday. for some reason the trains go slower on Sunday, who knows why?, maybe as it's supposed to be the day of rest god said they can't go too quickly, but it's not my day of rest cos i'm not christian, so they should really put on a fast train for jews. So the train was supposed to take just under 4 hours to get to Manchester, but it got rerouted through Birmingham so it took just over 4 hours, and the man sititng next to me smelt, which was very annoying but i brough my laptop so i watched Spirited Away.
When i finally got back to Manchester at 11 o'clock i was going to do work as i had stuff to do for yesterday and today, but i didn't do any of it, so i went to dissection on Monday morning not having answered any of the questions on our worksheets so I couldn't answer any of the questions our demonstrator guy asked me. So yestereday I tried to do the work that was in for today, but I didn't have much luck with that either, I did about an hours work which is definitely not enough, so today in PBL (like tutor group) I didn't say much, but luckily no one did and no one else had done a lot of work either.
And now I don't plan to do any work for a while as we don't have to do anything until next Friday as we've got reading week next week, but I will eventually have to do lots of work as i'm chairman of the next PBL session so I have to know everything about whatever we're doing. But I'm going home, and I never do work at home so I'll probably end up doing it all the day before which will be fun.
What else...... oh yeah, I finally handed in my essay to apply to study Spanish, I basically ended up writing most of it in the library a couple of hours before I handed it in. It's surprising howe quickly stuff that you studied for 5 years completely disappears out of your brain when you don't do it for a while, but bits slowly came back, and I think my essay was ok, I tried to put in all the complicated grammar that I used to try and stuff into my essays at school.
Well I think that's it for the moment, it seems my brain isn't too dead, I think this has helped part of it regain life, like brain CPR. I'm going out for a curry with PBL group tonight, mmmmm curry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home