Meeting with Bill Clinton
On the weekend I met Bill Clinton. Well i didn't really meet him but I did see him at this rally thing. I'll explain: So this weekend I went to Tel Aviv with Katie which was very nice. We got there on Friday afternoon and went shopping, although we didn't buy anything. Then our friend Dov who did camp this year pcked us up and took us to hisd home in Ranana which is a town next to TA. We had friday night dinner with his family which was jumbo funny. He's a complete mentalist and so are his family. His parents are from Manchester so him and his brother and sister speak English with these weird Mancunian accents. And his grandparents and great aunt was there and his grandad kept on telling us about the war and telling random jokes. The family kept on apologising for him. Then on Saturday night we went to this memorial rally for Yitzhak Rabin who was the prime minister who was assisinated 10 years ago. There were loads of politicians talking and famous Israeli singers, and Bill Clinton was there with Hilary and Chelsie, and he gave a speech, it was all very exciting. Then we had to get back to Karmiel at 11 o'clock at night, so we took a bus to Haifa as there wasn't a direct one to Karmiel and then had to get a cab fromt there which i resented as i don't like spending money, we got back at 1.30.
Today we've got ulpan with our crazy hebrew teacher Margalit, who is also a sex counselor, and she always tries to sort out our problems. I'm inthe top class which is good but we're with Ilan whose amazing, so he's like our second teacher. Today she's gonna bring us eggs and mushrooms because she said she could get them for a good price. And i have to go shopping cause i haven't been since the first day and i've run out of food. And then I have to phone home and try and sort out housing for uni. I've decided to go self-catering and I think i know which halls i want to go to, but i have to speak to my dad about the price - whether to have an en-suite room or one with shared bathroom, which i wouldn't mind. Suggestions from university goers also wouldn't be minded. And by the way Alex your medecine talk sounds very inspirational.
I can't remember if I told you but Dan was going to move to Israel in February, but now he's not because he got a new job. He's working as a waiter in a restaurant in Soho and they said they'd put him on a manager's course which is cool, but I think Jonny's annoyed as he wanted Dan to come to Israel.
Anyway got to go i think a teacher wants to use the computer

3 Comments:
Having ensuite is good, but it's not incredible. Some people here share with one other person, while others share with like 4 others, so it varies. It matters whether you want to share and wait for the shower... Very impressed about Bill Clinton. The only famous people I see are BBC SOUTHERN RADIO presenters, because its based at the Uni. And they're not really famous.
Shared bathrooms are completely fine - but I still wish I had an ensuite.
That crazy teacher Margalit sounds.........well ,crazy! Your description of her and her egg and mushroom deals made me laugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home